There are a number of free R tutorials available, and several (not free) books that have good information. For more recommendations look at the CRAN contributed area.
Each of the following tutorials are in PDF format.
- P. Kuhnert & B. Venables, An Introduction to R: Software for Statistical Modeling & Computing [zipped]
- J.H. Maindonald, Using R for Data Analysis and Graphics
- B. Muenchen, R for SAS and SPSS Users **
- W.J. Owen, The R Guide
- D. Rossiter, Introduction to the R Project for Statistical Computing for Use at the ITC
- W.N. Venebles & D. M. Smith, An Introduction to R **
The following books are available for purchase online. Amazon provides a preview of each book's contents.
- M. Crawley, Basic Statistics: An Introduction using R
- P. Dalgaard, Introductory Statistics with R
- B.S. Everitt & T. Hothorn, A Handbook of Statistical Analyses Using R (2nd ed.) **
- J.J. Faraway, Linear Models with R
- J.J. Faraway, Extending the Linear Model with R: Generalized Linear, Mixed Effects and Nonparametric Regression Models
- J. Maindonald & J. Braun, Data Analysis and Graphics Using R: An Example-based Approach
- P. Murrell, R Graphics (2nd ed.)
** Much of the inspiration for this site came from these texts.
I highly recommend them!!